Sunday, June 19, 2016

SST: Update #2

Hello all!

This past week was my very first week counseling! And let me tell you... it was SO awesome. I had a group of seven girls in my cabin, and they were all crazy and wild and just wanted to have fun! One of my favorite memories from this past week was staying in Hammock Village. Hammock Village is an area at camp where a ton of hammocks are hung on the trees in the woods for cabins to sleep in. We slept there Tuesday night, and before we went to bed I let them stay up to make s'mores from the S'more Kit we won the previous night at chapel. Flash forward to 3:30am that same night and I feel one of my girls tapping me on the shoulder saying, "It's raining!!!" So we all immediately packed up our stuff from Hammock Village and moved back to our cabin. What a night! It was fun while it lasted.

Another fun thing that I did was kayaking! Me and a bunch of girls from my cabin decided it'd be fun to give it a try...and it sure was! We all got some sun that day but it was worth it. I also got the worst kayak (it was the oldest one and got me very wet)... but hey, it was a blast. :)

I also asked my cabin if they wanted to challenge another cabin to a game of Nukem (Nukem is a camp game... it's basically volleyball except you catch the ball and throw it to the other side). Of course, they wanted to challenge a boys cabin. Bring it on! Butternut vs. Cedar. If we (Butternut) won, we would make the boys (Cedar) write a song for us and sing it in front of everyone. If they won, they would dump buckets of cold water all over our heads while we were still in our clothes. Guess who won?!!?!

...

Cedar.

So me and my girls huddled close together while they dumped two giant buckets of cold water on our heads. Yes.

As you can see, my first week was anything but boring. Even with all the fun that we had, my favorite part of the week was seeing my girls grow closer to Jesus. During cabin debrief at the end of the day, I talked to them about what they were learning about God and how they could apply that to their lives. My girls had A TON of questions about God and the bible, which I am so thankful for! It was awesome to see how God used me this past week to answer their questions. I am looking forward to hearing from them through letters throughout the summer!

Friday night to Saturday night was New Camper Experience. This was a weekend for little kids that wanted to just try camp out for a night and a day. I had the craziest girls! One of them reminded me of the young version of Mr. Frederickson's wife in the movie UP. All they wanted to do was swim, so that's what I spent my day doing. I also got several buckets of water dumped on my head again...This whole water-bucket-dumping must be a camp thing.

Alright guys, thanks so much for staying up to date with me! I appreciate all your prayers. Be praying for my brother Wesley and my sister Faith as they come to camp this next week! I'm looking forward to it so much. Also pray that God will give me a high energy level throughout the summer. Now time for church! And then... Finding Dory!

-Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment