Sunday, June 12, 2016

SST: Update #1

Hello everyone!

So if you did not know already, this summer I am working at Lake Lundgren Bible Camp up in the north woods of Wisconsin. These past two weeks have been training time... sounds boring, right? WRONG. So far, this summer has been absolutely wonderful. As a way of keeping you all up to date, I'm planning on blogging once a week. So let me tell you all about what's been going on so far!

First off, I have been having so much fun getting to know the other staff members, being away from distractions, and enjoying God’s beautiful creation! My team this summer consists of a pretty equal amount of guys and girls. We all get along great, and I can honestly say that after the first two days it felt like we were one big happy family. We have already done a bunch of fun things together…

  • We went on a canoe trip to an island and had a grill out!
  • We played volleyball games until 12 A.M. the other night! (I regretted this the next morning…)
  • We went to church at Redemption Hill in Iron Mountain on Sunday (and then went to Jimmy Johns afterwards...yum.)
  • We all took our swim tests in the lake today and played with a bunch of tadpoles!
  • We helped build a playground at the Pembine school!

I am looking forward to growing even closer to all these wonderful people as the summer progresses. During training, my relationship with God has also been growing! It has been so cool to be away from the distractions of life and to completely focus my attention on Him. During my PQTs (Personal Quiet Times: an hour scheduled out of our day so we can spend time with the Lord) I have been meditating on Ephesians 4:17-32, which talks about how when we are in a relationship with the Lord, He changes us into a new person that glorifies Him. I really like the part in this passage where it talks about working with our hands what is good. This world has become so automatic, where everything you need can be done by the click of a button or with the help of some kind of machine. But God wants us, as Christians, to be working with our hands. The harder the work, the greater the reward, right?! :)  Even though I’ll be facing many challenges this summer here at LLBC, I know that I’m right where God wants me and that the reward for my work will be unbelievably worth it.

Anyway, the first round of campers come in this upcoming week! I am BEYOND excited. I found out that I will be working on the worship team as well as counseling (woohoo!). Please pray that God would strengthen me and give me the words to guide my Butternut girls (Butternut is the name of the cabin I will be staying in). Also, keep in mind that my financial support goal this summer is $1,800. This means I need at least $667 more. If you would like to be apart of my mission here at camp, please visit www.llbc.org and click "give", then "donate now", then "give to LLBC", and from there you can scroll down and find my name. I love you guys, and I can’t thank you enough for loving me! <3

-Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment